Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard typing random numbers, backspace and and arrow keys

• Please log in to reply

Diana9090

Diana9090

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have a Fujitsu A530 from 2011. for a couple of days I started to have serious issues with my keyboard. the keyboard is not working properly and is typing in numbers randomly if I try to write down something; especially keep repeating number 9. Then I could hear that it is pressing arrow key by itself as I could hear that sound that the computer makes when you actually don't have a place to use arrow keys. Also I noticed that backspace key is not working properly as well.
I reinstalled the windows like 5 times even changed the hard drive and it is still doing the same thing. Any suggestion please? Shall I change the keyboard? or is a virus?
I also noticed last time I used my computer in the morning that the touchpad is not working properly, for example when I want to click or double something it is not responding sometimes.

Need help!
Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Diana9090

Do you have or can you borrow a USB type keyboard to connect to the notebook to see if the issue is the same.

Diana9090

Diana9090

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, yes I did use an USB keyboard and no, it is not the same. Does that mean that I only have to change the laptop's keyboard?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello Diana9090

Some relevant points below;
1: I reinstalled the windows like 5 times.
2: changed the hard drive.
3: I did use an USB keyboard and no, it is not the same.

RE Malware: Only the trained experts on the malware forums can help with that sort of issue, what I can say is that as you have replaced the HDD without resolving the issue it does point more towards the keyboard or the keyboard drivers, you have reinstalled Windows 5 times but have you ever reinstalled the drivers for the keyboard, if not check the Device Manager to see if there is a yellow ! against the keyboard and if so try updating the driver from there.

If the drivers check out as being ok before purchasing a replacement keyboard I would suggest that you check the present keyboards ribbon attachment in case it has become loose, if it is damaged it will need replacing in any event, to help with this please see the attached Video