Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Acrobat v7.0 Standard

• Please log in to reply

Clouts

Clouts

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have installed Adobe Acrobat v7.0 Standard onto an XP machine and have been presented with a few problems.

I am trying the simple process of creating a PDF and im getting permission errors mid swing.

I choose the file to convert and it asks me to save it, i do this and then it presents me with an error "Unable to open the document; \\pathname\document name; please check to see if you have read permissions for this file"

The file is just a standard Word document yet it always throws up this problem. I am not the only one with this issue.

I'd appreciate a response

Thanks

Clouts

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get PDF reDirect here to see if you get the same problem

http://www.exp-systems.com/

the Green version is free, press file, print, choose PDF ReDirect as the printer, choose a save to location and whether you want to display the document when finished.

If Adobe will not open PDF reDirect documents it is likely to be a general fault with Adobe

Clouts

Clouts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have installed PDF Re-direct and created a file. Adobe opens this fine.

Having gone through a re-install of Adobe and installed the 'Complete', 'Typical' and Custom version all separtely with the same results i dont think the issue lies solely with Adobe.

Its almost like its conflicting with something. Is there any known problems with V7.0 Standard conflicting with XP?

I have guys here that have installed it fine on XP machines.

Im short on idea's to be honest!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click help then check for updates does it show 7.01 as available

Clouts

Clouts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have clicked help and there was an update. Ive installed it but there appears to be no difference.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I'm not aware of a conflict between Adobe and XP. I generally use PDF reDirect to create PDF from Word

Perhaps Adobe can advise you if they are aware of a conflict