Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus Netbook Eee NTLDR missing

• Please log in to reply

emery94

emery94

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We bought a used Asus netbook Eee PC for our kids. Everything was running perfectly and then my 10 year old daughter pressed a few buttons she shouldn't have. Not sure what but now when we try to boot the netbook we receive the NTLDR is missing message. I have tried several things with no success. Since we purchased second hand, we do not have the Windows XP CD. I purchased a repair disc DVD off of eBay but no luck.

I have also used my other laptop to create a DOS startup cd. None of the 10 options worked in regular or safe mode. I have a hard time believing it is a hardware issue as this happened exactly when my daughter got into areas she shouldn't have. Any thoughts? What else can I try? Please help.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Usually this message appears because the bios is not seeing a boot-able device (HD) so either your HD is not seen by your bios or Your boot order has been change and you have the floppy or network as first boot or your boot sector on your HD is corrupt and not readable.

First go into your BIOS and see if your BIOS can detect your HD

Second if HD is detected make sure it is the first boot option in your BIOS

Third if detected and first boot option is your HD then your boot sectotr is probably damage or corrupt.

For the third option you will need an XP cd of the same service pack as you had instaled on your netbook to be able to repair your boot sector.

Here is a link that should help you determine the procedures to take to repair your NTLDR.
http://www.computerh...es/ch000465.htm

Hope that helps

Edited by Alzeimer, 04 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.