Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dll file missing

• Please log in to reply

simipete1

simipete1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi I wonder if anybody can help me, we tried to reboot our pc- advent 7104 and it wouldn't start and saying that: load needed DLLs for kernel.

I don't have any windows xp cd-rom , can anybody help me what can I do? please.

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo, simipete1!

My name is Machiavelli and I'll try to fix your PC problems. If you are in SafeMode then print my instructions! Removing Malware on a computer can be very complicated. Malware (malicious software) is able to hide and so I may not be able to find it so easily. In order to remove Malware from you Computer, you need to follow my instructions carefully. Don't be worried if you don't know what to do, just ask me! Please stay in contact with me until the problem is fixed. (your problem needn't be related to Malware!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

!NOTE! Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.

So let's go.

- FIRST -

Did you tried to boot into SafeMode?

To do that:

• Please remove all CDs, DVDs, or USBs from your computer
  • Restart the computer
  • Press and hold the F8 key as the computer starts
  • If you get the menu as shown on the graphic below, choose Safe Mode with Networking as shown (if this is not working try Safe Mode Option)
  • This will load the basic files and necessary drivers to run Windows.
Posted Image

- NEXT -

If the above does not work, can you please answer my question:

• Are you able to burn a CD by a friend/another computer etc.?
  • Your computer has a CD Drive?

If yes we will burn a CD for searching some corrupted files.

Please do not forget to include this in your next answer:
  • Answers to both questions!

Edited by Machiavelli, 07 September 2013 - 07:27 AM.