Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS R503U laptop battery problem

• Please log in to reply

kyluomy

kyluomy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently acquired this laptop. Format and install continued to fail until I removed the battery.
Previous owner pirated the os and inform me that it would not start properly until battery (link removed) was completely dead. this was the first clue. Since installing XP Pro and getting all drivers in order and complete updates through sp3. I finally tried installing the battery. Every time I do the touch pad fails the os start up is slow and other drivers fail one by one. My guess is either the battery is bad or some driver or program for it is bad. My problem is I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue. Device manager does not indicate any bad drivers. Can anyone tell me what I can look for or do?

Edited by phillpower2, 05 September 2013 - 11:46 AM.
Link to third party website removed

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: kyluomy

The ASUS R503U was shipped with Windows 8 64-bit and the only other drivers provided/available by/from ASUS are for Windows 7 32 and 64-bit, there are none for Vista or XP so I am unsure of what and where you got drivers for the notebook from.

As an asides why would you want to put an OS on the notebook when support for it (XP Pro) ends on 08/04/2014 :whistling: