Congratulations, your logs appear clean again! Now we have some cleanup to do.Clean up with OTL
Run OTL.Note: If any logs/tools remain on your desktop > right click and delete them.Delete System Restore Points
Follow the instructions here
to delete all but the most recent restore point
.Reset Windows Firewall
Defrag Hard Drive
- Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb) -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall
- Now click on Restore Defaults. If the UAC prompt is displayed click on Yes.
- Click on Restore Defaults -> Yes.
- Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb).
- Click on All Programs >> Accessories
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Continue at the UAC prompt.
- At the Command Prompt C:\Windows\System32> type in the following exactly:
- CD C:\
- Then depress the Enter/Return key, then type in the following exactly:
- Now type in DEFRAG C: -F
- A Analysis report will be displayed and then Windows will start the Defragmentation run automatically.
- This may take some time, when completed the Command Prompt C:\ > will appear.
It is important to keep your operating system updated. To enable Automatic Updates
so that updates are downloaded and installed automatically, click here
.Update Adobe Reader
It's very important that you keep your computer updated with the latest Adobe updates.
Preventative Programs Anti Spyware
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Click Help on the menu at the top.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Allow any updates to be downloaded and installed.
I recommend updating and scanning with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
once a week to rid your system of spyware.Anti-Virus Software Advice
Your anti-virus software, <Adware Anti-Virus>
, isn't one of the better free anti-virus programs available. I recommend that you uninstall it and install one
of the 2 programs listed below. Temp File Cleaner
Finally, it is a good idea to clear out all your temp files every now and then. This will help keep your computer from slowing down and it can also assist in getting rid of files that may contain malicious code that could re-infect your computer.
Importance of Regular System Maintenance
- TFC is a great tool to clean temporary files.
I advise you to read both articles listed below. They are loaded with information that will help you keep your computer running well.Help! My computer is slow!What to do if your Computer is running slowly
Finally, to learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read How did I get infected?
I will keep this thread open for a few days, so if you have any further problems post another reply here.