Virus that only affects browsing...Help please. [Closed]
Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:31 AM
Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:35 PM
First download to the desktop :
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Uninstall Privoxy you will lose net access again, now run Combofix
* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:55 PM
These are the results from Combo fix, there was a problem though, I forgot to uninstall privoxy before I run it. The results below are of a second run after I did get rid of privoxy. please, let me know what to do next in case the results are not good.
Combo-fix.txt 30.15KB 61 downloads
Edited by luigy39, 13 September 2013 - 01:01 PM.
Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:46 PM
Is the net connecting properly now for all browsers ?
Any other apparent problems ?
Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:11 AM
Edited by luigy39, 15 September 2013 - 08:11 AM.
Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:13 AM
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:15 PM
Result.txt 32.11KB 119 downloads
Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:23 PM
Could you set open dns up on your router please http://www.opendns.c...ental-controls/ and see if that resolves it
Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:54 AM
Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:55 AM
Download and install advanced uninstaller pro from here http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/
Select General tools
Select Monitored Installations
Select Start monitored installation
From the system tray (bottom right) Right click the icon and select monitor an installation
In the dialogue that opens select Privoxy
An investigation of the system will now happen
The programme will then install and the data will be captured
Once it has finished and Uninstaller pro has confirmed that it is complete save the log
Go to monitored Installations again on the general tab and select uninstall monitored application
Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:54 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users