Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Princeton EO2010 Montiror Issue After Power Outage

• Please log in to reply

thomseye

thomseye

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there...

Please help me if you can.

Last night the power went out while the computer was on... Upon turning the computer back on after a while the monitor has presented an issue...

The screen (including the OSD) is really squished... The diplay is only in the middle of the screen (about 2 inches) and the rest is black. It's as if the horizontal was turned all the way down so it all fits within just the center of the screen.

The vertical goes all the way up to the top an the bottom (like it should).

What is the deal here? Is there a way to "reset it"?

Here's my ANSI representation of what the screen looks like...

[----------------------------------------------------]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[ -- ]
[----------------------------------------------------]

The center is the only part that is showing the display, so it's unreadable (squished). (upon reviewing my post, I notice that the -- is to the left, they should be in the middle for my representation to be correct)

Someone please tell me what might of happened and what I should do.

Thanks so much!

thomseye
[email protected]

Edited by thomseye, 08 June 2005 - 04:25 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then my computer then view system information, hardware, device manager, click + next to monitor, click the monitor then right click, click uninstall, click to confirm and reboot

Windows will find a default monitor

If you get an option to install the software for a monitor, load the disc

Edited by Keith, 08 June 2005 - 04:36 AM.

thomseye

thomseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your thoughts, Keith.

Ok, I guess I should also say that this problem is also apparent in DOS/BIOS Boot-Up Screen (squished). If I let it load into windows, the display is still squished so I can not read anything. It's similar to when you resize an image with 'keep aspect ratio' unchecked... like taking a 1600x1200 screen and making it 200x1200.

Any other thoughts?

Click start then my computer then view system information, hardware, device manager, click + next to monitor, click the monitor then right click, click uninstall, click to confirm and reboot

Windows will find a default monitor

If you get an option to install the software for a monitor, load the disc

View Post

Edited by thomseye, 08 June 2005 - 04:39 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and press delete key right after the beep until you get BIOS set up, look for load BIOS defaults, fail safe defaults press F10 to save then press enter then Y to confirm and press enter to reboot

Edited by Keith, 08 June 2005 - 04:48 PM.

thomseye

thomseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Do you recommend that I do this with a different monitor so I can actually see the bios screens? I'm afraid that I won't be able to read the bios screens with the 'monitor in question'.

thomseye

Boot the PC and press delete key right after the beep until you get BIOS set up, look for load BIOS defaults, fail safe defaults press F10 to save then press enter then Y to confirm and press enter to reboot

View Post

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try it with the monitor you have first, if you cannot see clearly then rather than adjust the settings incorrectly, change the monitor

thomseye

thomseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will try what you say, but keep in mind that even when not connected to a computer my monitor does this same thing with the "self test". So I am not sure that the bios/windows settings will have much to do. Though, I will take your advice and give it a try.

Thanks again!!!

thomseye

Try it with the monitor you have first, if you cannot see clearly then rather than adjust the settings incorrectly, change the monitor

View Post

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The button on the left is the auto set up button

You can get the manual here

http://www.princeton...productlist.htm

thomseye

thomseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will try everything you say as soon as I can get some work done (I am a webmaster with way too much to do, so I need to have my 'working' monitor on for a while so I can get some work done).

I just wanted to say that you are a really cool guy for taking so much time to try to help me out. Even if nothing you say actually gets it working, I really appreciate your trying to help!

Thanks, bro! I'll letch'a know how it goes.

thomseye

Edited by thomseye, 08 June 2005 - 11:30 PM.