Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New screen interface

• Please log in to reply

JoeMason2013

JoeMason2013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all

I'm not too sure if I have posted this in the right place, sorry if it is incorrect.
I am trying to create an interface for my mum that will run on a windows xp laptop, to make using a computer easier.
I want to so something with the same kind of design to the way Windows 8 start menu is laid out. so a page with bigish buttons on that take you to programs and folders etc.

So really I am asking, does any one know of any software that I could use to do this, which requires very little programming knowledge, because I am not too good with programming.

I was trying to do it with some free webpage software, but it doesn't work for what I want.

I need it to be able to specify programs to open on a button link rather than just website url's

Any help is much appreciated as I have come to a loss of where to look for a program or something.

Thanks!!

Advertisements

sahilwaste

sahilwaste

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Hi, am i too late??

ok, from what i am able to understand from your post i think you want some kind of program launcher, panel, Menu or Dock type to be specific.

Here is a link you should check: www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-program-launcher.htm

For organizing my own desktop i prefer Fences by stardock.

Hope it help you joe or maybe future visitors. :)

Edited by sahilwaste, 03 December 2013 - 11:14 AM.