Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard Drive Advice

• Please log in to reply

Deliverance77

Deliverance77

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello geeks, nerds and buffs. I'm hoping I can grab some advice seeing as I don't know what the [bleep] I'm doing.

Basically, my old laptop snuffed it a long time ago and being the info-safety-conscious type of guy I am, I removed the hard drive before I took a hammer and chisel to rest of the laptop. Man that was fun. Having discovered the hard drive during a clean out, I thought I'd try and find a way to access the contents. I discovered some external docking stations for internal hard drives but I have no idea which one I need, seeing as the label on the hard drive is a mish-mash of numbers and stuff which I don't understand.
Here's the model: http://www.amazon.co...I/dp/B003GDFYL8

If someone can point out a suitable docking station or some other inexpensive way to get inside the darn thing, I would appreciate the [bleep] out of you.

Deliverance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
Vantec 2.5"/3.5"/5.25" SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter - Model CB-ISATAU2 - $17.99 (USD) including shipping

Edited by SpywareDr, 06 September 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Deliverance77

Deliverance77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks SpywareDr!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
You're welcome. :)