Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel rapid storage technology

• Please log in to reply

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro clean install.My PC Manufacturers support site has drivers and software for my PC.I am wondering if i need this Intel Rapid Storage Technology or not in Windows 8,how will it benefit me.Not sure if i had it in Windows 7.My understanding is it works with RAID,ACHI and ATA drives controllers.I see i have ATA drive,with option in BIOS for ACHI.If used it would i need to enable that in BIOS?

Edited by jds63, 06 September 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Since nobody knows to reply,i kind of figured it out in a way.That this Intel Rapid storage technology software is basically to manage ACHI or RAID controllers really not needed.Just by having my PC enabled to ACHI mode and having updated Intel Drivers should work fine if anybody knows different feel free to respond,TY

Edited by jds63, 08 September 2013 - 01:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I apologize that you feel less then 24 hours is to long to wait for a reply. It is possible someone who knows about your issue has not read your topic. I am glad you have resolved your issue and again apologize we did not respond as quick as you would have wanted. Thank you for posting your resolution and we do invite you to read other topics and add any suggestions you may have if you can help.
Again thanks for at least giving us a try and we hope you will return if a issue happens again. ;) :cool: :ph34r:

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

Maybe this interest you Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST)

This software when running with a single drive in AHCI mode can alert the user in case of a drive failure.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Thank you,moderator,sorry no problem,figured i did not need this software,as long as i had drivers for controllers.Thanks again.I do try to help others if i can too.

Edited by jds63, 13 September 2013 - 04:13 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
thanks sleepydude,i read all i can online,learned enough about technology.Appreciated though.