Extremely slow machine and no access to anti-virus sites.
Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:00 AM
Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:59 AM
My name is Tom and I am going to be helping you with your malware removal. Please note that, as I am currently still in training, all of my posts have to be reviewed by my instructor prior to me posting them.
Before we continue, I would like you to read the following text:
- Some of my instructions may be carried out in safe mode, where you will not have access to GeeksToGo, I suggest you save or print my instructions for later reference
- Please do not attach your logs to your post, instead I would like you to copy and paste the contents into your post
- Please do NOT use any other tools, fixes or scripts unless instructed to do so by myself. Not only could this damage your system, but it will make it harder for me to fix your problem
- If you do not understand any of my instructions, then feel free to ask me and I will explain in further detail
- Please be patient. Malware removal is a long process and requires many steps, if you stick with me, I'll help you get through this
- Stay with me until I deem your computer clean. A lack of symptoms does not always mean that the system is clean
- Please make sure you have read and understood my instructions before continuing with them, spelling errors in the scripts etc. could cause adverse effects to your system
- If you do not hear a reply from me in 36 hours, then simply post "bump" on the thread
- Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed
Please download OTL (by OldTimer) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting OTL in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.
- Double-click OTL.exe to run it.
- Click Run Scan to start OTL.
- When OTL finishes scanning, two logs, OTL.txt and Extras.txt will open.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users