Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Possible FIX for Dr.Mos Alert and Phase 1 Led

• Please log in to reply

miro0975

miro0975

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently I got myself a MSI Z77 GD-55 MOBO, not of the Top ones, but good enought for me.
When I got it, I've built my System and everytime I've tried to power the PC up I had the Dr.Mos Alert Led and the Phase 1 Led lighted up, the system ran for like a Second and then it went always down.
I've googled the problem for like a Week or Two and I've to the conclusion that it was a Fabrik issue and gave the Mobo back to the Warrantie.
One month later (Today) I got it back and build the system all over again, Fired it up and the Same Leds lighted up.
At this point I was About to freak out and Beat the [bleep] out of that Trash.
Then I grab my Msi manual and saw the part of the Led Phases meaning, I saw somewhere on the internet that the Led Phase 1 ment that around the Processor something was overheating, FALSE , Those Phase Leds are to show the power flow on the Processor ( or something else either I dont really know).
Then I had one of these Brain Storm things that u have a Crazy Idea and You ask yourself: Humm.... might be that the issue?
I've pluged the Extra Power Cabel to the Processor Slot and there you go, No more System Shutting down or Dt.Mos Alert, just the Phase leds all lighted up ( 1 to 6), That means I got just the Perfect power flow I need to run the either the Processor unit or the Entire System.
Anyway, after sending back your Mobo to the Warranty try That ;)

Here is the Quick Guide for those who doesn't appreciate to read:

Just plug an Extra Power Cabel to the Processor, if that doesnt work try another Guide.

Anyway, I am glad I found ou this on my own

Regards,
Miroslav Mukarev

Advertisements