Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W7 wont display internal HDD in 'My Computer'

• Please log in to reply

hmp3

hmp3

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
One of the HDDs aren't being recognised, however it is being recognised on my xp and vista partitions

Please help?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this a new HD or has it been in use before? Can you please do the following and post the requested picture.

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Male sure the window is open all the way on the top right so I can see all the info it has.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG or PNG and save it to your Desktop
Make sure the window is open all the way so I can see everything on the top right window.

Attach it to your next reply

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
The drive (labelled E "MEDIA") we're interested in is not new but I've realised that it isn't showing up recently

Screenshot is attached.

Edit:

It was missing its drive letter. I re-added the letter and the drive loads and functions fine now :)

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by harvestthesouls, 09 September 2013 - 07:57 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am so glad it was a easy resolution for you. Hopefully the steps I gave is what helped. :thumbsup:

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
They did thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well then I am very happy to say:
Congratulations harvestthesouls. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible