Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Aurora and how to get rid of it (easy)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IhateSpywareAndPopUps

IhateSpywareAndPopUps

• Pip
  • 2 posts
*Edited by an Administrator. Please do not post Malware Removal advice unless you are a Staff member. The advice you posted is incomplete, and will NOT actually remove the infection.

Thank you for your cooperation. :tazz:

Edited by ~Kat~, 28 June 2005 - 07:57 PM.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,672 posts
If you would like to learn how to help others get rid of it:
http://www.geekstogo...here-t4817.html

Regards,

IhateSpywareAndPopUps

IhateSpywareAndPopUps

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nah, thx.

It's just that this thing is so annoying...

I pretty much hate computers and I think that's a fix everyone can do :tazz:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,672 posts
Yeah, but it's merely dealing with the consequences instead of curing the disease. :tazz:

Regards,

CAHummingbird

CAHummingbird

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay Newbie, I followed your instructions and have located the file. Can you pls tell me how to write protect the text file?? I deleted the .exe file, created a .txt file w/same gobbledegook name as the .exe but can't figure out how to write protect it as your instructions say.

I've run Norton, Adaware, Spybot, Housecall but like everyone else this Aurora keeps getting past it.

Thanks for the help! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please do not follow Malware Advice by non-Staff members. It is incomplete, and sometimes even harmful. If you need help, please post your HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum, and someone will be happy to help you.