Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8 - HELP!

• Please log in to reply

gruss10

gruss10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys, I hope this in the right forum.

I'll start from the top....First of all my laptop ran out of batt one day then never came back on. I took it to a guy who told me that this was because my Windows was corrupt and probably picked up a virus. I then had him backup my files, re-install Windows 7 (at my request, i dont get on with 8 whatsoever) and get my computer running again.

I got it back and everything seemed fine. Fast forward a few days and i dropped my laptop, smashing the screen. When taking it to a different shop, the guy there tells me that whoever dealt with my laptop previously had made a horror show of the repair, the system is faulty and now basic run commands dont even work etc. This happened precisely one day before I am due to travel for 6 months where it is absolutely essential I have my laptop to use.

So i got the laptop back and didnt have time to check it properly, i went to DL skype and have now been told that i dont have the permissions to do so, even though my account (as far as i can see) is the only account and has admin privileges. I have now come to see that i am virtually locked out of everything - C Drive, cannot download anything etc..I know that there is an elevated built in admin account so i tried to disable that but i cant even get into my settings to do so.

I am at my wits end and find myself in the position of being halfway across the world and locked out of my whole system, not good! any help whatsoever would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements