Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin N150 wifi router drops connection frequenty

• Please log in to reply

biren

biren

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
dear friend(s),

i am a complete amateur, and so i don't even know if i am giving you enough information. please let me know if any information is required.

i have been using an internet service which uses - as they call it - a wireless mesh networking. though, from their device (modem?), i get the signal through a cable.

recently i bought a belkin N150 wifi router for ease of use of internet on my laptop.
a friend who is savvy in these matters set up the router, and i have been able to use it.

but there is one constant problem.
the pages load slowly sometimes. things would be working fine, and then suddenly pages would take time to load.

so i checked the ping times (using command prompt - ping -t 10.10.0.1).

the usual ping times i get - when i used to connect thru cable were in the range of 5 to 12ms.
when i checked this with wi-fi connection, the ping times vary, and go as much as 4000+ms. they would be normal for a while, and then suddenly a string of large ping times would appear.

this would happen even if i was sitting next to the router with my laptop.

to double check, i switched over to cable... and things got stable again.

(after this i checked reviews about N150 at some site, and found a few people had complained/reported a similar problem of dropping connection)

i hope someone can help me here.

thank you.
biren

Advertisements