Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash BIOS

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
I am glad that you decided against the quick fix type $29.95 BiosAgent :)

Yes Brink is very knowledgeable and that is why he is the Administrator over on those forums.

Good luck with it and please let us know how you get on.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I'll try more :rolleyes: but getting to point of frustration on this UEFI,:surrender:some have answered me and it did not look good.So far Brink has not responded to PM or posts.Let you know if it becomes possible for me.Some said system is old,some said not in BIOS and also sometimes over past Bios updates it may of removed it.Some say i may be able to use UEFI in Win 8,but without secure boot.I said well what would be usefulness of UEFI install then without secure boot.Well going to see if i received any new info updates on eightforums.I also tried Bleeping Computers.Exhausting all resources here.:confused:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Your determination is admirable and I hope it pays off for you :thumbsup:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Oh yes it is,sometimes too determined although it won't seem to pay off on this particular PC unless i change motherboard.Unfortunately Brink right off knew would not work,but others tried saying my motherboards revision and being 32 bit flash ROM,needing 64 bit,something like that.Then wanting me to chance a BIOS flash,plus trying one was a .CAP bios,which i told them mine is a ROM bios needs converting or renaming.Renaming never worked,oh,try to find a bios converter is hard,not even ASUS had one.Brink said like you was not good idea to chance BIOS flash and make your PC a paper weight.Determination payed off in knowledge this time i will stick with way it is,thank you for all your help!!:thumbsup:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Thanks for all your help in this matter.I will end this post.Stay with what i have now all i can get out of Windows 8 on this machine.Unless for some unseen way.One day if build my own with knowledge i learned around these forums i will be able to do what i wanted to.I always look to get most out of what i can or may have with a system,since i thought it could work i tried my best.For now thanks all much appreciated was a learning experience for me.:cheers:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Thanks for the follow up jds63 :thumbsup:

Hardware and software topics are not closed without a specific reason and so should you wish to you can update this topic at any time.

You are most welcome BTW, I am sorry that I could not offer a solution to your question but pleased that you feel that you have learned from your research :)

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
phillpower2, I always learn whether it be from success or failure ;)Never too old,always patient to learn more.This Topic is closed due to inability of system to be able to support this kind of technology without an update to hardware.Thanks to all that tried to help me in this matter .:rockon:Thanks again,phill :rockon:

Edited by jds63, 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
:thumbsup:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
This post has been resolved,thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

This post has been resolved,thanks

The information may help others so can you tell us how it was resolved.

Have you upgraded to W 8.1

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Not yet to 8.1 cause of fact that i did not like idea of upgrading with no media.
In case i needed to do a reset research says it will not work.

I do not want to have to download it if i have to do one in future,say hard drive failure,rather have a disk,i may buy it.
I have seen ways around it on internet though.

Did not like idea of Microsoft doing it this way even though it is free,this is more like another upgrade not an update,like going from win7 to win 8 to me.

Oh and from this post,the reasons i wanted to flash a new BIOS was as you recall thought it would help me get secure boot for Windows 8,but i was wrong.

My revision and motherboard are not capable for it,i thought i explained it in past posts here,sorry,thanks Phil,close this post as solved.

If you care to comment it's o.k.,ty

Edited by jds63, 20 October 2013 - 01:39 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Thanks for the update and clarification jds63 :thumbsup:

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts