Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is ILivid [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Please tell me what Ilivid is and how do I get rid of the pop ups from it. I didn't download it, but I keep getting pop ups. Very annoying. Thanks for any help with this.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please be patient with me as I am currently in training, and all of my responses to you have to be reviewed by my instructor before I post them. Just keep in mind that you get the advantage as you have 2 people examining your issue. Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

I'll post instructions shortly...

Joe

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Thanks Joe. I'll be waiting patiently.

BTW... I see you're from Pittsburgh. I was born and raised in Philly. Lived there most of my life. Small world.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Disable your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking on XP. Or right click and select Run as Administrator Vista/Win7 and above.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Next

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Note: Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin. Be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click the Report button. A logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, please let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next

Please download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the Posted Image to run the program. On Vista/Win7 or 8 right click select Run As Administrator to start the program. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Scan All Users checkbox and
  • Check the option for All under the Extra Registry section
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them in your topic
  • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
  • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
Please post the contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files in your next reply.

In your next reply please post the:

• JRT.txt
  • adwcleaner .txt
  • OTL.txt
  • Extras .txt

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by zep516, 17 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I'll print this out and give it a try. Thanks tons. I'll let you know how I make out.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
OK.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Joe :)

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.