Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PureHD & Unresponsive Script

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I have no idea why all of a sudden I am getting these two pop ups and have no idea what to do about them ...

First I started getting this pop up window "PureHD" and now I am getting another pop up window "Waring: Unresponsive Script"

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Any help is appreciated .. Thank you

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Did I post this in the right place? If not I am so sorry

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello Lexy610

I have previously suggested twice in This topic that you complete the malware topic that RKinner was helping you with, if this problem is with the same computer then you are best to let Ron finish the work that he started Malware topic the work there may fix the mixture of problems that the computer has.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I understand what you are saying .. however that topis was from another old issue and my computer was declared to have a failing drive which I cloned, removed and copied onto a new drive then installed in in my CPU .. so i am extremely confused as to why you keep telling me to go back to that old topic ....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

I understand what you are saying .. however that topis was from another old issue and my computer was declared to have a failing drive which I cloned, removed and copied onto a new drive then installed in in my CPU .. so i am extremely confused as to why you keep telling me to go back to that old topic ....

From your last reply at the other topic;

I have been busy with work and the last time I checked this computer it wouldn't boot up ... the last time I checked it was on the day of my last email to you here.

Well apparently my son turned the computer on and was able to use it today while I was at work. I had no idea he had used it till now when he asked me to help him print something. i was actually surprised he used his computer instead of mine because his was not booting ...

What should I do from here now that it is up and according to my son when he turned it on it booted it up quickly and fast and was able to type his paper in MS Microsoft.

There is no mention of swapping out the HDD + if the data on the HDD is corrupt or infected when you clone the HDD you also duplicate any corruption or infection, only the trained staff on the malware forums are qualified and permitted to advise you on this, hence the reason why I asked that you reply to the last post of RKinner to make him aware of any new developments - you would then have been advised accordingly and/or the thread marked as resolved.

I hope that the above explains why it is important to conclude your topics and especially any that require the help of the malware staff.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Oh OK .. I see where the confusion is .. this is not that computer .. That computer is no longer in existence. I got rid of it because there was just no point on fixing it once I bought an MacBook.

The computer I posted about the PureHD & the unresponsive script is mine which is the one I am presently working on.... so that old post has nothing to do with my computer.

Hope this helps.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

A fair bit of work to do now so please take your time with it and do not feel that you need to follow all of the steps below in one go, please do however carry out all of the suggestions before your next update;

First thing I suggest is flushing the DNS Cache "how to" below;

1.Press the Windows key then type in cmd (do not press enter)
2.In the search results that come up, right click “cmd” and run as administrator, when the screen flashes and asks for permission, accept it.
3.In the command prompt type in ipconfig /flushdns (or right click and paste it to the command prompt) then press Enter.
You should then see a dialog box saying successfully flushed resolver cache.

Next suggestion is to tidy up the data on your HDD so please follow the directions provided below starting with Autoruns http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963902

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
6: Attach to your next reply.
http://www.afterdawn..._in_windows.cfm
2nd: Download and run TFC from http://www.geekstogo...ds&showfile=187 your computer should automatically re-boot on completion but if not do it manually.

3rd: Defrag your HDD http://www.auslogics...re/disk-defrag/ a tidy drive is a faster drive, please note that I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.

To speed up your boot times find any unnecessary programs linked to start up "how to" below;

START -> RUN
type MSCONFIG in the RUN box
then click OK

Click on the start-up TAB

Look at each line that has a check in the box, these are start-up items, with the exception of Windows programs and your AV software uncheck the ones that you do not want to run at start-up.

Provide an update for us please.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi Phillpower2 ..

I just looked over what you suggested to do. However I think I need to share somethings with you ..

a couple of days I was working on my computer .. I walked away and came back and it was on a black screen and it was kind of telling me that it was not detecting my drive. I then rebooted and once booted up it would beep and the same thing would happened. I then hit F2 and I noticed it was not reading my drive at all!! I then opened up the CPU thinking maybe came loose and or cable was not working .. after checking and changing a cable from the drive to the motherboard (I think that's what its called) it then read my drive and it booted up nicely .. so I am guessing the old cable just stopped working. My computer has worked fine after that and I noticed that those two problems I mention previously (PureHD & Unresponsive Script) just stopped. I wasn't getting those 2 things anymore. BUT today it crashed and I got the blue screen twice!! It said "You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused Windows to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer." ..

What does this mean?

What should I do ... do I continue with your suggestion?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Thanks for the update Lexy610 :thumbsup:

Yes please continue with my previous suggestions as this will help to improve the computers all round performance + it may also resolve this latest blip in the process, if not we will take a look at the drivers that you have installed.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi ..

In step 1 what "windows key" are you referring too?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello Lexy610

It will look like the centre keyHere

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Oh ok ...so what do I do once I click that because I dont see where to type cmd .. unless you are referring to hitting the "run key" then typing "cmd"?? Is this what you want me to do?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Yes or alternatively click on Start and then type cmd in the Run field, do not press Enter wait for the command prompt to display then type in ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter :thumbsup:

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi .. I am so confused.

Ok I clicked on start .. then run then typed "cmd" did not click enter or in my case ok .. it did nothing ...

I'm I to click OK for the cmd window to open which is the black box with the title "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe"??

Do I then type " ipconfig /flushdns" AFTER "C:\Documents and Settings\User>\"??

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello again and no problem Lexy610, see if steps 1, 2 and 3 Here help.