Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse and keyboard problems.

• Please log in to reply

Kozer

Kozer

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello guys. Been having a problem that I cannot seem to fix. My USB mouse has been freezing lately. It freezes for a few seconds and the best way I've seen to get to to move was to use the scroll wheel. That being said it doesn't always work. As this happens sometimes my keyboard will just up and turn itself off. I have no idea what the cause of this is. I have used CCleaner. I have done a full system scan with Avast that turned up nothing. I have deleted my USB controllers from my device manager and still nothing. Any help would be great.

I have had both the mouse and the keyboard for about 7 months.

Edit: When the mouse freezes the computer keeps moving along.

Edit2: I have switched the USB ports I am using. Problem persists

Edited by Kozer, 17 September 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Advertisements

Kozer

Kozer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Well I have kept looking and still cant get rid of it. Its now getting worse.

Kozer

Kozer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Im sorry for adding a 3rd reply, but I am desperate. Its getting worse and I don't know what else to do.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Hello Kozer

Sorry that you have waited longer than we would like to receive a reply but please do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped.

If you have not received a reply after 3 days please post in theWaiting Room and someone will pick up your topic.

Now to the task at hand;

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, keyboard and mouse, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.