Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer freezes at HP Event Screen, Pavilion m7357c

• Please log in to reply

Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is a friends computer. I do not know it's history, other than his friend removed the video card and lost it. I looked on the HP support website and on the stickers on the front of the machine to find out what video card it had. I found the original video card was a Nvidia 6200se, 64MB DDR, PCI Express x16. I purchased a replacement card, in an unsealed retail box on eBay. Seller says it's new, he sold 80 of the same, with no bad feedback. The one I bought is an ASUS EN6200TC DDR PCI. The system requirements in the new video cards documentation reads. 800MHz processor or higher. At least 128MB system memory (Not sure if this system supports this) PCI Express Slot. Windows 200/XP. I believe the original OS is still installed, which should be XP Media Center. None of the F keys work while taping them at startup. F1 shows entering setup....., but does not enter setup. I removed the CMOS battery and held down the power buttom for one minute. Replaced the battery and still no change. Don't know if the battery is good. There are three 512 sticks of RAM installed with one empty slot. Everything appears to be plugged in, DVD drives, HDD, MOBO, etc. The green light on the power supply is steady green and is not blinking. The fans come on and run. No beep codes.

Here's the eBay link to the video card I purchased. Once there, you may need to click the small "blue link" to view the original listing.

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks, in advance for your help.

SOLVED

Edited by Nephilim1955, 20 September 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Advertisements