Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup MSN :-Winks, Emoticons, Moods

• Please log in to reply

caribchief

caribchief

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Folks,
This is my first post.

Thanks to matthuffy I've been able to aquire many winks.
ALL HAIL Matthuffy !!

Through my browsing I was able to find a program that backs up your winks to MCO files. I just have to share this link.

Software for the backup and installation of Moods, Winks, Emoticons, Backgrounds and User Tiles from Microsoft MSN Messenger 7.

Follow the link download and install the application and you're on your way.

MSN BackUp V1.1.5

Happy backing up.

Share the wealth. :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

Hi Folks,
This is my first post.

Thanks to matthuffy I've been able to aquire many winks.
ALL HAIL Matthuffy !!
Through my browsing I was able to find a program that backs up your winks to MCO files. I just have to share this link.

Software for the backup and installation of Moods, Winks, Emoticons, Backgrounds and User Tiles from Microsoft MSN Messenger 7.

Follow the link download and install the application and you're on your way.

MSN BackUp V1.1.5

Happy backing up.
Share the wealth. :tazz:

View Post

i would suggest this one also, not saying it is better just saying that you have an option. Infact i would say that this one is worse as it takes longer but has the advantage of not having that spy ware that is in the other and is only 70kb instead of 3.5mb
but i am always suspicious when a website clearly claims that they do not have spy ware ;) hiding something or what ;)

this one will look as if it has frozen, when it has not. it just takes about 15 min to back up as it is a small small program :tazz: but whjat the [bleep]?

Attached Files

Edited by matthuffy, 08 June 2005 - 09:06 AM.

caribchief

caribchief

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nice one Matthuffy...
a lot simpler... & gets the job done...

cheers,
caribchief

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

Nice one Matthuffy...
a lot simpler... & gets the job done...
cheers,
caribchief

View Post

I need to get an american dictionary to see the difference between English and american sware words as everything i write has a bloody bleep in it :tazz: what the [bleep] is going on ;)

let me give this a try: Tosser!! (not in the american dictionary as i can see) ;)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

let me give this a try: Tosser!! (not in the american dictionary as i can see)

Should it be? :tazz:

Baisoft

Baisoft

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everybody,
this is my first post.

I'm the creator of MSNBackUp and I'll thanks CaribChief for his post.

I write only for explain to Matthuffy why my software was over 3 mb and why it seems locked.

I use many control for the preview and so I decided to make a setup wizard; in fact the exe is "only" 320 KB. I decided to make this because I'd like to know what Winks I install ;-)

For the sleep... there aren't no spyware... ;-) The reason is that the first time it make in the temp user a folder in which it uncompress all winks for make the preview faster... I know... I should put a progress bar... the next release i'll do it :-)

Thanks to everybody!

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

Hello everybody,
this is my first post.

I'm the creator of MSNBackUp and I'll thanks CaribChief for his post.

I write only for explain to Matthuffy why my software was over 3 mb and why it seems locked.

I use many control for the preview and so I decided to make a setup wizard; in fact the exe is "only" 320 KB. I decided to make this because I'd like to know what Winks I install ;-)

For the sleep... there aren't no spyware... ;-) The reason is that the first time it make in the temp user a folder in which it uncompress all winks for make the preview faster... I know... I should put a progress bar... the next release i'll do it :-)

Thanks to everybody!

View Post

Hey, great work man! trust me i was not knocking your work, i think it is great, as i said in my last post. the file i added is not as good but still does the job (although takes a life time to complete ;) ) I hope that you can reduce the size somewhat as then this could be a great program. I suggest that we could work on this together including the installer in your program, therefore giving, install and backup options all in one (unless you have already done that).

i am also working on my own custom winks and DDPs, still got a few glitches but should have solved them soon (i hope before MSN change things again :tazz: )

caribchief

caribchief

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey Baisoft,
teaming up with matthuffy to include the installer sounds great.
It would make the application lethal !!!

Thanks for sharing your app guys.

cheers
caribchief

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

hey Baisoft,
teaming up with matthuffy to include the installer sounds great.
It would make the application lethal !!!

Thanks for sharing your app guys.

cheers
caribchief

View Post

i also suggest setting up an auto installer that will check for updates from my site and install any new content automatically when i release new stuff??? what do you think?

Baisoft

Baisoft

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi matthuffy,

Like I write on my website I just issued the source code of MSNBackup on planet source code for sharing it with other developers (with you too obviously ;-)).

If you didn't found the source on that site please tell me and I send you by email... I'd like the idea of make an installer with autoupdate... Have you just realized something about it?

For everybody... Have you some ideas / suggestions of new functions for the next release?

Thanks.
Leonardo

PS: If someone go on planetsourcecode for download the source please vote me :-)

CoolDann

CoolDann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Leonardo ;) :

I saw your job at PSC and I really liked me :tazz: . An maybe you can help with this: I would like to make my own WINKS, I download some winks from a chinesse website but these are in EXE format but I need to see the structure to make my own winks.
Do you know how can I develope my own winks? where I can get more information about that?

and again man, good job whith your MSNBackup :tazz: .

Thanks in advance.

CoolDann ;)