Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC fans not running.

• Please log in to reply

SLICKR392

SLICKR392

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Config :

AMD Phenom X6
AMD HD 6850
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 (1 stick)
Cooler Master GX 550W (PSU)
Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3

I was 'this close' in ramming my PC.

I have had encountered issues with BSODs before, but that hasn't been an issue for the past six months after changing my RAM.

By around June, my PC was running smoothly until one day the monitor blacked out with the 'no signal' sign and my PC fans were running. I turned it off and switched it back on and it worked fine for a day or two until it showed up again (fans running, but the PC isn't accesible).
My PC is on a warranty, hence, I sent it to the Tech(s) and it seemed to work at his place so I brought it back home, worked fine for a week and the same issue showed up. But this time I had a *beep* while trying to turn it back on. It went something like- *beep* *beeeeep-beeeep*. That's one short, two long.
I went through few forums, including this one and the suggestions were usually an issue with the GPU or RAM.
I ran her down to the techs and they tried different GPUs, RAMs and Procys but the beeps refused to go. He sent my Mobo to Asus and got it back after two weeks and informed me that he (tech) had tested it and PC's running fine.
I bring it back home and it doesn't start, after a few tries, VOILA! it works. I play Fallout : New Vegas for around 4-5 hours, turn the PC off and head back to bed. I switch it on the following morning only to find out that the fans are running but the PC refuses to start, no beeps though. I tried every possible ways to figure out why. Disconnected the whole PC and tried it on again but had no luck with it. After a few failed tries, i.e. now, things have got more screwed up.
My fans aren't running now. After turning it on, the fan starts but fails to spin and it stop after a second. All 3; GPU, CPU and exhaust.
My warranty expires this December and the tech I sent my PC to is waiting like a Vulture for the warranty to get either void or expire.
I am having a small time job and am still paying away my loan for this PC.
Its highly frustrating of what has been happening to the PC for the past 4-5 months and the tech is a dumb twerp.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi :welcome:

In my opinion now its a good time to use the warranty because the PC doesn't work, it could be the PSU or other component that finally died and make the PSU cut the power to avoid more damage.

Intermittent problems are more difficult to diagnose and solve, now that the machine isn't working at all you have a better chance that the problem gets solved once for all.

Good luck.

Edited by SleepyDude, 20 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

SLICKR392

SLICKR392

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply, bud.

In a manner, yeah..I'm pretty pleased that the PC is totally screwed as resolving the issue could be much simpler. I have noted that my PCU isn't responding anymore. Its probably dead.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I concur with SleepyDude. Intermittent issues are very hard to diagnose. It is dead now so use the warranty. There are a number of possibilities including the power supply and main board.

SLICKR392

SLICKR392

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After numerous beeps, the MOBO was sent to Asus and they have returned it after fixing something called a PCI, PCA, I'm not certain.
I'm quiet sure after todat that the PCU is totally weared out.