Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow; blue screens/dumps; TCP/IP security limits reached... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Fingers crossed. :whistling:

Look forward to hearing how it goes. :)

Advertisements

shelovestomuse

shelovestomuse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Top o' the morning to ya! Well, to me. I guess it's the bottom of the evening over there.

MSE woke up red and X-ed this morning, but turned green as soon as I opened the interface. I guess I'll just have to live with that if you're sure it's on no matter what the service tray icon initially says. I can just give it the occasional attitude adjustment by opening it. No biggie as long as you're not concerned.

Will check in again tonight.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I did find a reference that said that after a defrag MSE took longer to turn green. The experience for that person was that it was several days before it returned to it's old habits. Seems files might have been moved around with the defrag and it took a while for MSE to adjust.

I guess you could try another reinstall but as I said I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Maybe we will just monitor it for a while and see how it goes. :)

shelovestomuse

shelovestomuse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Sounds like a plan! :)

shelovestomuse

shelovestomuse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Emerald, I think we're good to go. Still running smoother, and the only "glitch" is the MSE service tray icon that sometimes comes up red when booting - but not always.

If you close this thread, and something related comes up again, should I inbox you to open it again, or start a new thread?

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

If you close this thread, and something related comes up again, should I inbox you to open it again, or start a new thread?

Just PM me. You will see it in my closing statement.

It's been a pleasure working with you. :)

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.