Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

water got in it

• Please log in to reply

bootsey1989

bootsey1989

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my daughter was wiping my laptop with lysol wipes it got into the computer and the keys wont work so i pulled keyboard out and clean it and let it dry i put keyboard back in and the media net home but works but the power button wont what do i do?

Advertisements

MeritCS

MeritCS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Remove the battery and wait a few minutes for the capacitors to leak down. Put several drops of 90%+ alcohol around the power button and press it several times. The alcohol will help dry and clean the lysol out. Do NOT use rubbing alcohol (contains oil). Let dry for a an hour or more before reinstalling the battery. If the power button is sticking, repeat the routine. This has always worked for me. Keyboards are generally so cheap it is best just to replace them.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Power buttons and keyboards are both pretty cheap if you need to replace either or. However the amount of work/effort into replacing them can be a bit daunting. However follow the advice given above and then post your results. We'll go on from there!