Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sick and tired!

• Please log in to reply

IrishLion

IrishLion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Acer Aspire E1-571-6680. I am new Video Game Developer and I am a constant internet browser for I do a lot of research because of said fact. I am looking to upgrade a few things on the laptop from the standard store bought stuff because it crash's a lot of software and barely runs the internet(and yes I have been told it would be better to build from scratch but I am on a very slim budget).
the specs on my laptop are:

Intel Core i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 with up to 1760MB dynamic video memory
4GB DDR3 Memory
500GB HDD

Do you have any recommendations on what I should upgrade to withstand development?
please help me....

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
As you have found out, the built-in "Intel HD Graphics 4000" in that laptop leaves a lot to be desired, and unfortunately, it cannot be upgraded. :(

Do a [Ctrl-F] (search) for "4000" (without the quotes) on this Tom's Hardware > Graphics Card Performance Hierarchy Chart page and you'll see how far down on the chart the 4000 lies.