Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZyXEL WAP3205 Login Failure

• Please log in to reply

pappaf

pappaf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to set the 3205 up as a universal repeater. After connecting my Macbook to the WAP3205 with an ethernet cable, I manually assigned a static IP address in my Macbook to 192.168.1.3 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I cannot login to the WAP by entering 192.168.1.2 into my browser address bar. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisements

andymcc

andymcc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem. I have tried to access the WAP3205v2's web admin page from 3 computers now (Macbook, Win XP and Win 8.1), and cannot access 192.168.1.2. Tried changing to static IP, nothing. Reset, nothing. Trying to connect in CL mode to use as a repeater, ethernet cable from computer to WAP3205, nothing. Yes I may be doing something stupid, but after several accumulated days trying to get this to work, I am losing it.

Thanks for any pointers tech gurus out there!