Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Redirect Virus - please help [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CoolSunrise

CoolSunrise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

1. Please click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
2. In the list of programs installed, locate the following program(s):

ESET

ESET is not there. There are 2 icons on my desktop, though.

Edited by CoolSunrise, 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Right click them and click Delete

CoolSunrise

CoolSunrise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
A couple things:

1. I don't have My Computer on the desktop so I accessed it in the Start menu & found all the pertinent things to run the commands you gave me as far as Turning OFF System Restore/Apply/OK/Reboot then accessing it again to UNcheck it. Pretty basic, that should be OK, right.

2. Defrag. I don't have a slash key going in the right direction to type "CD C:\" which got me miffed at my keyboard but hey, copy and paste works! So I did that then copied "DEFRAG C: -F " before I clicked the window off to make sure I got that right, too. I got the analysis OK but it never started the defrag so I exited out and did the disk cleanup and defrag from Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools. Same thing, right?

3. Husbands part of cleaning up the computer = buying a new refrigerator. :thumbsup: :rofl:

I got called in for Jury Duty selection tomorrow. However long that takes, afterwards I'll be searching for a RefrigeratorGeeksToGo website. :) Lord, have mercy. :surrender:

4. I printed out and read over all your suggestions and will take action on them this week.

THANK YOU!! I will miss you. :lol: Crazy, huh, but we must stop meeting like this before people talk.

(I was looking for a PayPal donate button - does this site have one?)

Edited by CoolSunrise, 29 September 2013 - 07:46 PM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

1. I don't have My Computer on the desktop so I accessed it in the Start menu & found all the pertinent things to run the commands you gave me as far as Turning OFF System Restore/Apply/OK/Reboot then accessing it again to UNcheck it. Pretty basic, that should be OK, right.

:thumbsup: I know there isn't a My Computer icon on most desktops, but there should be one on the Start menu like the picture below.

Posted Image

2. Defrag. I don't have a slash key going in the right direction to type "CD C:\" which got me miffed at my keyboard but hey, copy and paste works! So I did that then copied "DEFRAG C: -F " before I clicked the window off to make sure I got that right, too. I got the analysis OK but it never started the defrag so I exited out and did the disk cleanup and defrag from Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools. Same thing, right?

Yep, it's the same thing but I've never seen a keyboard that didn't have a back slash \ and forward slash / on it. The backslash is normally just to the left of the Shift key and the forward slash is normally just above the Enter key.

(I was looking for a PayPal donate button - does this site have one?)

The last link that I know of to donate to this site was posted by the Admin in 2003. Click here and there will be a PayPal button in the first post but I don't know if it still works.

If it no longer works and you would like to make a donation anyway please consider a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project

THANK YOU!! I will miss you. :lol: Crazy, huh, but we must stop meeting like this before people talk.

You are more than welcome. But you did just as much as I did. So thank you. And we live to meet people this way. :yeah: It is our pleasure to help out where we can.
If you need us in the future you know where to find us. I will leave this open for another 24 hours or so. If anything comes up just let me know. :wave:

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.