Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tracur Gen 4 [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GotNoTime

GotNoTime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Got as far as the Java Update and had to uninstall Comodo and re-fire Windows firewall. Had all sorts of connection issues with conflicting IP address and I just dont have the time to trouble shoot it right now. I will try again in a couple days and hopefully I can get it all working together again. I think my MBam trial has sbout one day left so not sure I can update it. Seems to be popular so I may have to go for the full version of it and maybe sygate firewall this time too ??? I appreciate all the help you have given and saving my number II computer. Still have to rebuild number one someday when I have time. I will try and complete a couple more steps from your instruction tommorrow. Lov to ship you something cool from out here in the states. What could I get ya?

Advertisements

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts

I think my MBam trial has about one day left so not sure I can update it.

When the popup comes up and warns you that it about to expire, it will say “click here”. Click on it and when the other window comes up it will offer you 3 options:

Buy Now
Activate
End Trial

Click on "End Trial" and that will remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from your tray and eliminate the prompts that your trial has expired. It will then revert to the normal free version which is fine.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Satchfan

GotNoTime

GotNoTime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Have no internet at home. Spent nearly 2 hours with 5 different internet provider customer service agents all of which were clueless. So I have made no additional progress. Will try again tonight.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts

Lov to ship you something cool from out here in the states. What could I get ya?

I'm good thanks but it's a kind offer.

If you can download this from another computer and transfer it to the one with Internet problems, running it could show where the problem lays.

Run Farbar Service Scanner

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewallsfc
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Other Services

• press "Scan".
  • it will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please post the resulting FSS.txt

Thanks

Satchfan

GotNoTime

GotNoTime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I had 3 out of 4 connected late last night and then same problem again this morning. It seems my Firewall settings are to blame. Have to reserch how to chnage that<

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 13-09-2013
Ran by Paul (administrator) on 16-10-2013 at 04:57:12
Running from "G:\System Utilities"
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================

System Restore:
============
Srservice Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of Srservice service is OK.
The ImagePath of Srservice service is OK.
The ServiceDll of Srservice service is OK.

sr Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of sr service is set to Disabled. The default start type is Boot.
The ImagePath of sr: "\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys".

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore]
"DisableSR"=DWORD:1

Security Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\netbt.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ipsec.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netman.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\sr.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauserv.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe => MD5 is legit

Extra List:
=======
Gpc(3) IPSec(5) NetBT(6) PSched(7) SYMTDI(8) Tcpip(4)
0x09000000050000000100000002000000030000000400000008000000090000000600000007000000
IpSec Tag value is correct.

**** End of log ****

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts
That shows nothing and I'm not an expert in Internet-related problems so I think that if malware is not the issue it may be a good idea to get some expert help from the techies in the Windows forum.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Satchfan

GotNoTime

GotNoTime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Okay, My problem with Comodo was switching to their secure DNS servers. Should have retained my original address just in-case but didnt find that out till after. Anyway magically everything is working fine today ???
So I still need to read all the articles you suggested. I have both Spybot (disabled teatimer) & Spyware Blast now. Do I need both?
I didnt download MVP Host yet because like Comodo they also re-direct traffic through their own servers/ I am going to have to read up on both those (when I have time).
before I delete do I need any of:
Security Check
JRT
or okay to delete?
the MBAM pop-up no longer appears so I never had a chance to end the free trial. It still there so guess it is okay.
Other than that looks like all is well.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts
Well done on getting to the bottom of the firewall problem. :)

I have both Spybot (disabled teatimer) & Spyware Blast now. Do I need both?

Yes, you should keep both. Spybot Search & Destroy, (SS&D), is a spyware scanner/remover with TeaTimer offering real-time protection.

Spyware Blaster protects against bad ActiveX; it immunizes your PC against them. It blocks over 11,000 websites that have been flagged as potentially harmful. Spyware Blaster adds those websites to your web browser's "untrustworthy" list, so that if you happen to visit a listed website, your browser's security settings are automatically set to maximum, to reduce the chance that harm will come to your computer.

Neither of these programs uses up resources of your computer unless SS&D is doing an active scan, (which should be done regularly).

Like an antivirus program, they both need to be updated regularly: SpyBot for new and updated spyware definitions and Spyware Blaster with websites to add to its “harmful website” list.

Note: Don't forget to enable TeaTimer.

I didnt download MVP Host yet because like Comodo they also re-direct traffic through their own servers

Actually, SS&D protects your hosts file so it’s probably unneccesary.

do I need any of:
Security Check
JRT
or okay to delete?

You can just delete them. You can download an up-to-date version of Junkware Removal Tool if you think you have adware.

Again, I’ll leave this open for another 24 hours in case there are any other problems/questions.

Satchfan

GotNoTime

GotNoTime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
SatchFan U R da man! Thanks for everything. I am still curious about those two deleted files. I had an aold AGP nvida card that I removed from my system some time back but as it was no longer supported I had to download drivers for it form some third party achieve site many months ago. I wonder if that NVcpl file has been there since way back then and if I ressurect that card now will it no longer work with out that file. Will have to do some more reading on that someday.
Thanks for all your help.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts
Before closing this I'd like to remind you that support for Windows XP ends on April 8th 2014.

You can read more here.

Regards

Satchfan

Advertisements

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 585 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.