Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Freeze/Lock up

• Please log in to reply

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
Could it not freeze when playing games not sure on that without having the system here to see what its doing when games are loaded. It all comes down to whats being powered in your system. In a reg. case would my system run ok on a 350w yes!!! But in my mod case with 6 12" uv lights 5 80m fans with all the other bells and whistles. NO way thats why I have a 600w. On the amd site they have a sheet where you fill in all the things you have on your system and it will tell you the size of the power supply you need to run it all. in the search type Recommended power suppy to find it.
:tazz:

Advertisements

ILoveYou

ILoveYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

HI
    Could it not freeze when playing games not sure on that without having the system here to see what its doing when games are loaded. It all comes down to whats being powered in your system. In a reg. case would my system run ok on a 350w yes!!! But in my mod case with 6 12" uv lights 5 80m fans with all the other bells and whistles. NO way thats why I have a 600w. On the amd site they have a sheet where you fill in all the things you have on your system and it will tell you the size of the power supply you need to run it all. in the search type Recommended power suppy to find it.

View Post

Thanks. I didn't really find any info on that site (or then my english just sucks). Anyways, my power supply is 380W and SPE-edition which should be powerfull enough. I really don't think that is what causes the freezes.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Here is the page you will find it on page 12 Click Here You may be ok with your power supply. I build at least 4 systems a week and I would never use any power supply under a 450w.

ILoveYou

ILoveYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Oh, thanks :tazz:

ILoveYou

ILoveYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts