Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Movie Maker Error

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

I love Windows Live Movie Maker 2012 and lately I have been having problems with the program crashing. Every time I try to upload a video into the program, it crashes and I receive this error. I have tried re downloading the program but I still receive the error. Any idea on how to get this program to work once again? Thank you very much.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MovieMaker.exe
Application Version: 16.4.3508.205
Application Timestamp: 5111fa77
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0c57bab3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 875f
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Hi dc523680,
I think it's something with the graphics acceleration. Let me quote this:

Movie Maker makes heavy use of video and graphics acceleration capabilities provided by a computer's video card to decode and encode video files and render effects, transitions and text. Sometimes video card drivers (the software that allows Windows and Movie Maker to interact with the video card) have issues that prevent Movie Maker from working correctly.

This might be your case and hence, I recommend you to update the drivers for your video card and then trying the program again. Good luck!