Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

direct3d not working

• Please log in to reply

Moonshadow360

Moonshadow360

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well. Here I am on my last leg of sanity before I throw this !@#$ing computer out the window.

Im having some issues with DirectX 3D functionality and accelerator. By issues I mean they are not there and they should be. I installed/uninstalled COUNTLESS drivers and programs that should fix the problem but none of them have worked. My cash is short so please give solutions I dont have to pay for.

I ran dxdiag and at the bottom of the display tab it says:
-The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
-To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
-Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

and I tried all of that, to no avail, but speaking of dxdiag, here are the saved results:
http://pastebin.com/JydKiKgF

Lastly, if it helps, my computer is a completely stock Emachines W3650

Can anyone out there help me?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,778 posts
:welcome: Moonshadow360

By stock am I correct in that there is no add on video card only the MBs integrated video port.

Try updating the MBs chipset drivers, you can use the Automatically find drivers option Here to help with this.

DirectX information provided courtesy of starjax Here

Moonshadow360

Moonshadow360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, but if direct3d functionality is not available, and media acceleration is not available ...how do I fix that?
:help:

My dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/JydKiKgF

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Moonshadow,

Could you tell us a bit more about your system? Such as manufacuture and model info?

Issue is: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available

We need to help you to identify and install the correct video driver for the system so all the direct x functionality will be there.