Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen turns blue, then black for 10 seconds.

• Please log in to reply

Nylokke

Nylokke

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello out there.

I recently bought a brand new computer as well as a new Monitor (Asus VN247H)

Yesterday while playing CS:GO, my screen suddenly turned gray for 2 seconds, then blue for about 5 seconds, then it turned black/looked like the screen was turned off for about 5 seconds. After the 5 seconds the screen worked again and I could continue playing. This happened two times to me last night.

Today when I turned on my computer, it did not boot, the screen turned blue (like yesterday,but this time it was only blue, not gray or black) and it was stuck with the blue screen. No cursor, nothing but the blue. I could not do anything, so I turned off my computer by holding down the power button. After 10 seconds i turned on my computer. This time it turned on almost properly, this time it went black with blue figures for like 2 seconds, but afterwards it booted as it should. This time i opened World Of Warcraft. After 15 minutes of gaming, the screen suddenly turned blue again for 5 seconds, then black for 5-10 seconds, and after that it worked again, although some of me "spells" were missing? Similar to what happened while I played CS:GO yesteday.

This problem is really annoying, especially since my computer is brand new. The specs is:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670k CPU @3.40GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ HYPER-X KINGSTON
System type: 64-bit Operating system
GPU: 2GB GTX760 MSI TWINFROZR, OVERCLOCKED DUALFAN
Harddisk: 500GB HARDDISK, 7200RPM, SATA6G

I have tried to search the web for this problem, but I was not able to find anyone who had a similar problem therefore I'm asking you guys for help since this is really annoying :(

I have posted pictures of how the screen looks like when it turns blue and black. (sorry for the bad quality on the picture with the blue screen)photo.JPG photo (1).JPG

Thanks in advance

Nylokke

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Nylokke, Posted Image
Sounds like you have a faulty part and as it is a brand new computer, contact the store/builder where you got it from and get it repaired under the warranty, this should be done straight away by phone and in writing/email, you may need a RMA number, (return merchandise authorization) Do not attempt any repairs yourself or open the case, this will void your warranty.
Please let us know how you get on.

Nylokke

Nylokke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Iammykyl.

Thanks for the reply.

Annoying that the problem seems unfix able, and that it is an hardware error. I will contact the provider and let him fix it.
Thanks a lot for the answer :)

Best regards

Nylokke

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Your welcome. Posted Image

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
We could most likely identify what the failed part is, but it is under warranty and is best to take back to the manufacturer. If we give you things to do, warranty will most likely be voided, and you do not want that.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

Nylokke

Nylokke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had my GPU replaced by a new and so far it works very well. This indicates that the error must have been caused by some sort of malfunction on my previous graphic card.

This, however, leads me into another question (I hope it is okay that I post it here?)

My previous GPU was a: 2GB GTX760 MSI TWINFROZR, OVERCLOCKED DUALFAN

My provider told me he did not have the exact same GPU to replace with my old one, but he had another one created by ASUS instead of MSI, and I was told that the ASUS GPU was just as good as my old MSI (which was the one that did not work).

My new GPU is is a: DRAGON GTX760-DC2T-2GD5

My question is:
Is my new ASUS GPU just as good as my previous MSI GPU?

Best regards

Nylokke

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
I can only give a personal opinion and bear in mind that it is from an Australian perspective of what I know of the consumer laws here.

From published articles and benchmarks, I would say the MSI is the better card, but not by much.
The warranty was with the MSI card and I would want it replaced with the exact same model card.
If you are not happy with the performance or the way the situation has been handled, this is what I would do.
Be firm but polite at all times.
inform the supplier you are not happy with the performance of the Asus card, and that the MSI was substituted by a different brand. What do they propose to do?
Contact MSI support and inform them of the situation. Tell them you chose their card as you considered it to be the best and are not happy with a different product. Ask them if the can help to sort out your problem.

Be sure to use a written method for contact, not just telephone.
Good luck.