Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OSD Lockout Won't Go Away

• Please log in to reply

takidora

takidora

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have an HP VS17 flatpanel monitor. Yesterday, when I move the monitor about an inch back on my desk, I got a message that it was detecting sound, and then I got an OSD LOCKOUT message. I had not touched the buttons on the side of my monitor to engage the OSD Lockout.
Now, the monitor seems to be stuck in a loop. I click the "auto/select" button to make the "OSD LOCKOUT" message in the middle of the screen go away, then it brings up my monitor menu (with like, brightness and those options). When I click ANY button to move the cursor in the monitor menu, it goes into the brightness option, and then if i click ANY other button, it goes to the exit on the main monitor menu. It won't allow me to select any other options on the menu.
I tried holding in the MENU button on the side for 10 seconds to disengage the OSD LOCKOUT, but it didn't work. It continues to pop up with the monitor menu, or get stuck with the OSD LOCKOUT message in the middle of the screen. I have also unplugged the monitor from my computer and its power supply, rebooted my computer, and tried to re-download and install the drivers, and I'm still having the problem.

HELP!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. I went over to www.hp.com looked at desktop support and did a search for OSD LOCKOUT. Lots of stuff found. They probably have the answer you are looking for.