Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP message

• Please log in to reply

marelsoft

marelsoft

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
All of the sudden my PC with XP OS stopped working and after I turn power on it displays message
"X300XT BIOS P/N 113-A33437-102".Plese help I need to solve this problem. Thank you.

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Hello marelsoft,

Although I have not had personal experience with this issue, I'd like to offer up some support that may assist you in solving your issue. I'll post a few items I'd like you to try below in steps.

STEP ONE: Gathering Information
Is this a PC from Dell or a manufacturer? If so, can you please post the make and model? The make/model is normally found on a sticker on the back side. NOTE: The below steps are only if you have a desktop computer.

STEP TWO: Checking CapacitorsPlease post back with your findings, including a number count and possible pictures if you have that option available to you. STEP THREE: Reseating Graphics Card
  • If step two had 0 expanding or bulging capacitors, please proceed to this step. If you did have bad capacitors, skip this and post the results from step two.
    Assuming you had no bad capacitors, let's go ahead and look into removing and reseating your graphics card. I'll provide you a text guide and a video guide on how to do this (neither created by me).
  • Text Guide: How to Install a Video Card in Your Computer (do in reverse order for removing and then do in normal order)
  • Video Guide: Reseating your RAM, Video Card, and Hard Drive

Please be sure to post back with as much details as possible and with all results from all/any steps you do!

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you for your info. Answering your step 1, my PC is Dell Dimension 5100

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
STEP FOUR: Further Information Gathering
On your Dell Dimension 5100, there are lights on the front that are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. Please turn on the PC and tell me what these lights do and what the power button LED's doing (solid green, blinking, amber color - etc). This will further help us diagnose your issue.
Please post back with the information requested and we'll further help you diagnose and repair your computer!

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Power button is solid green ( no blinking). I see in front of PC three green numbers 1,2,3 only

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Well that was not what I was hoping to hear. Lights 1,2,3 being on means "Another Failure had Occurred". Often times this leads down a path filled with negative replies. However before we lose hope let's try a few more steps please...

STEP FIVE: CMOS Reset
Please take a look at your motherboard (again) at this time. This time we are looking for the CMOS battery, which looks almost like a quarter. You can find an example of what it will look like HERE. What I will need you to do is first pay attention to which side of the batter you currently see, normally the flat side with details on it. Now pull out your power cable completely from the system. Then please pop it out of the plastic shell by pulling back on a small metal clip and by applying some upward force to the battery. Once it is out of the system, please press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Now place back the CMOS battery in the same direction as before (plastic side first then snap it into the metal side).

Attempt to reboot the system, if no change proceed to step six. If it now boots, skip all remaining steps and post back letting me know.STEP SIX: Reseating Hard Drive Cables & RAM
  • Another good possibility is that the hard drive data or power cable is loose, in which I'd like you to refer back to this video to find out how to reseat the hard drive appropriately. While you're at it, please reseat the RAM as well (covered in the video).
  • Here is the video: Reseating your RAM, Video Card, and Hard Drive
Attempt to reboot the system, if no change proceed to step seven. If it now boots, skip all remaining steps and post back letting me know.STEP SEVEN: Cleaning The ComputerAttempt to reboot the system, if no change please post a response below stating if anything has changed at all or not. If it now boots, great work and be sure to post that the issue has been resolved so I know as well. 
Please post back with any and all results or changes! Hopefully you'll have some good news for me, haha.

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Step 5 and step 6 worked. I am able to reboot my PC. After rebooting and working with my PC I put it in stand by mode for the whole night. Next day I turned power off to attached cover and made some cleaning inside. Unfortunately, again the same problem when I powered on ( the same message), so again step 5 and 6. Problem again , but when I reinserted memory again OK. Current status PC is working, but I will not power it off, only stand by. Let's see what is going to happen. I let you know. Thank you for your help.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
So you likely have a faulty piece of hardware, which if I had to guess would be the motherboard unfortunately. The reason I say motherboard and not the RAM you have to reseat is because of the following reasons:
  • Consistent replacement of RAM for solution
  • Dell Diagnostic Lights did not indicate RAM
  • Your model has a fairly known motherboard to fail out
  • For RAM to need to be reseated you either have too much electricity that un seats them or motherboard can't properly handle them (trying to not be super technical about it)

I may be missing a few as I just got up and got very little sleep, but either way glad you are able to get on and such. Here's my last step for ya :)

STEP EIGHT: Start Backing Up
As we are unsure when the system will become permanently unbootable and the 'trick' or fix stops working, start backing up your data onto an external drive, jump drive, dvd's, Google Drive or Dropbox - Just some how make sure you back up your data. This way if it goes out, we don't have to buy a hard drive adapter or pay anyone to transfer your data.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Curious if you have to reset the system clock? Is the date and time correct?

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I do not have to reset system clock. Time is OK

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you for your advice, but story is not over yet. I have just realized that sound and voice stoped working as probably side effect of everything above.I tested it using sound hardware test wizard opened from control panel and test shows that is OK ( recording meter shows movements for microphon and speakers). I checked set up starting from device manager and is OK. I connected my hardware to different PC and I was able to hear speakers and record messages using microphone, but is not working on PC I started with. This is Sound Blaster Live 24 bit as default.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
If another user does not beat me to it, I'll be happy to work with you on this later tonight when I am off of work and infront of my personal setup. Either way I hope to see you get this resolved once and for all, so we can move on to happier discussions and times. Haha, I'll check back in a few hours when I am home.