Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ridicoulus cpu load

• Please log in to reply

peeeter

peeeter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

first of all system data: gigabyte ga890gpa ud3h
amd x6 1090T
geforce gtx 470
corsair 3x2gb ram xms3

1. sometimes when starting pc after logging in into windows i get displayed various graphical fails like in the backround a bit of the "normal" desktop picture but on top of it like many white stars. this occurs really,really rarly but mentioning it cause really likly its connected to the main issue in point 2..there is to say that rarly system gets out of that fail alone but more often i would have to pull the cable ..

2.the cpu gets at really high percentage of use when starting any kind of programs especially when the window of it is actually visable. For example a game that should take like maybe 20 % it gets around 60%, when loading a video in a browser it has peaks of 35 45 sometimes even over 50% then settling down at around 15% but always having some minor laggs when scrolling or loading( they r minor but shouldnt still be..). All pretty ridicoulus..

What i did tried: first i thoguht there maybe is some kind of conflict between the ati chip on the mainboard and my pci-e card. So i did turn the onboard chip off in bios. Same problems..
then i thoguht i try to let the system go only on the onboard chip did turn off the nvidia in bios same result..
i did all the motherboard upgrades and nvidia driver updates too no change... well did that first actually...
at the moment im letting my system start only on one ram stick and try all 3 of them to see if maybe its a ram fail that could cause maybe the processor to have such ridicoulus amount of calculations no idea if that would be possible but well i have no clue what it could be and after all other tries no sense in not testing... but surly wont be that having the problem allready on the first on so..;)

did put that system together like 2 years ago and i do not know if that problem was from the beginning cause it was actually never really much in use. oh and have 2 hds in on both is installed windows 7 and never was in use the other disk so i guess its not a virus issue cause same problem there as well..

well that was a bit long ;) really hoping someone could help me out here :(

Advertisements