Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound is not working

• Please log in to reply

ShowMe

ShowMe

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I hope I am in right forum. Windows 7, my sound is not working. I checked sound in control panel and it seems to be OK. But no sound is coming out. Yes, I have the speakers on. If I am in wrong forum, please let me know.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Silly question,jacks in back PC in? Check the drivers in device manager any exclamation point? Is it showing in sound in control panel as default device?

ShowMe

ShowMe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks for the quick repl. I think I figured it out, yes all connections are in, but it seems my speakers are going, by pressing on on button, I am getting sound, intermittent, so new speakers are due. AGAIN, THANKS.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
One thing to check is a different USB (for power) or power plug port. I had that happening to some portable high end laptop speakers that went into a USB port for power, but the laptop had one USB port that wasn't properly grounded and made to give out that much power - So they were intermittently failing. I switched to one of the 3.0 ports and another set of USB's on the other side and then it'd work fine.

However, this may not be the case for you and new speakers are most certainly an option - I figured I'd just throw it out there to be safe.

ShowMe

ShowMe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks!

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Glad you figured it out,if need more help post more :thumbsup: