Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lots of Errors then Laptop Shuts Down!

• Please log in to reply

ToshibaPro

ToshibaPro

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Okay so i start my laptop up everything seems fine and then i get hit with this message
" Google Desktop application error application failed to initialize " My desktop then proceeds to disappear! And then i get another " L Manager exe - Bad Image C program files/Launch Manager SZUPFUTL.DLL not designed to run or error " More and more messages pour through and then my laptop just shuts down... I have no idea whats going on or what has caused this :/ Please help!

Thank you.

My Laptop is... emachines E520

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Hello and welcome to the Geeks To Go forums, though a bit late. I'd be happy to assist you with this issue, but I need you to run through a few steps and post back some logs/details for me. Please follow the steps in order and gather all the information they may require. Alright, with that said let's get to it!

GUIDE TO REGAINING SOME CONTROL: Pre Step Requisite
  • As you stated, you really don't have much control right now, little yet enough to execute and run all the programs in the following steps. So what I'd like you to do is to do this step each time you reboot the PC for now. What we'll be doing is booting into Safe Mode with Networking.

Here's the steps needed to get into Safe Mode with Networking:
  • Make sure the PC is completely off at this time
  • Turn on the PC and start hitting the F8 key repetitively and fast
  • You should come to a screen with a black background and white text with multiple options, one of which is the different Safe Mode's
  • Stop pressing the F8 now that you're on this screen and use your arrow keys to scroll the highlighted line up to Safe Mode with Networking
  • Once highlighted, press your ENTER key
  • Let the system load up, it will look different but it is loading
  • Pay attention to this load, as if it fails out or hangs/freezes I will need to know the last line it said
Once you're on the desktop, please proceed to the following steps. [/list]STEP ONE:
As a good rule of thumb, I like to get rid of temp/junk files off any and all systems I work on. Reason being that I've seen some build up of caches and junk files cause all sorts of chaos on multiple occasions, so why not just take a few minutes to clean the PC up.However before you download and run the program, please make sure you save all work and close out of all programs accept your browser (which also will need to be closed down after the download, before running the program).

Now that we've saved and closed out of all your applications/programs, please download Temp File Cleaner (TFC). Once that is done, close out of all your open applications/programs and then please 'Right Click' and select Run As Administrator from the Context Menu. Please let this run, uninterrupted. Once it's finished, it may ask you to reboot your machine - If it does, please allow it to reboot at this time and after Windows loads back up move on to the next step. If it does not require a reboot, please move on to the next step now.STEP TWO:
  • At this point and time I'd like you to get the utility MiniToolBox and run it with the following checked items.
    • List content of Hosts
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • Only-Problems (leave it checked)
  • List Minidump Files

After you've selected just the above items, please then hit GO. Once it's done running, which normally doesn't take too long, it will have a text or log file pop up. Please copy/paste that into a reply.
STEP THREE:
  • Please download Autoruns by Sysinternals. Once that has downloaded, please extract the files to a location of your choosing. Once extracted, I'd like you to run 'autoruns.exe'. You should see the Autoruns window open up at this time, in which we will give it a minute to fully populate the lists. After the lists have been populate I'll need you to save it as a text file, you can do this by following these steps:
  • Go to 'File' and select 'Save'
  • When saving change the 'Save as type:' to a 'Text (*.txt)' file type (you do this by dropping the list down using the arrow and selecting the file type by clicking on it).
Now that the file is saved, please locate where you saved it and open it up. Once you have the text file opened up, copy and paste all the content into a reply on here.