Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wipe my admin off computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Workshackedmeoff

Workshackedmeoff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so here's the thing my work have gone into liquidation and disappeared over night I have no salary or redundancy package and no way of getting a penny however I have my work computer which I am obviously keeping ( the least they can do seen as I can't pay my bloody mortgage!!) but I want to wipe it and start again but I can't due to the admin set up on it can anyone help as when I tried to change admin password in Cmd I got system error 5 access denied??

Advertisements

Workshackedmeoff

Workshackedmeoff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ps need a dummies guide as am a typical low tech girl who googles everything thanks in advance

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,568 posts
Hello :)
I'm sorry,
Our TOU clarify this.
I'm not able to verify that you're really the owner. A thief can post something similar, just to get the passwords.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If they are allowing you to keep the computer then they should wipe it clean for you and install a legal copy of the OS> At the least the system should be wiped clean of all work related info which is their responsibility to do. Be that as it is Naathim is correct in the TOU rule that we cannot verify your request.

We here at Geeks To Go cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself.
These restrictions can include (but are not limited to):
  • Website Blocking policies
  • Software Installation policies
  • Email retention policies
  • Software Configuration policies
  • Network/Internet usage policies
  • Network Configuration policies
  • Forum or Chat Room Bans
  • Game Server Bans
  • Any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question
Any actions by members of the Geeks To Go site that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the TOU of this site.

If you have any questions or issues please contact a Moderator or Admin for clarification.