Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware/Spyware? :help: Can someone help me please

• Please log in to reply

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts
Hi thewookie :)

How are you opening the program you're having difficulty closing? Using a start menu programme or using the metro interface?
Sounds like you could use a little help. I checked into some things that you may be interested in that that I can tell, may help you with the CTRL ALT Delete issue and others. Seems Windows 8 is very different from other OSs. There's no big X to click on to close certain things. First, I'll answer the questions you asked. I put some links below that will help with the other issue:

Is it just default of Dism* to say "The component store corruption was repaired." ?

No. Not default. It is the result of the scan. It checks many more components than that.

a. If not, why did the scan check say "No component store corruption detected." ?

Good question. It's not exactly corrupt, it just was not I think exactly as it should be.

b. If that is default response to receive; What do i do next/Is there anything else to be attempted at this point?

Not that I can see.

c. Is this just "one of those things" I'm unfortunately stuck with until the "true" update is released for this problem?

That is what I have found to date. If you like, you can post with Microsoft here and see what they have to say. I would definately consider it. You may get a better answer than I have found, if the issue continues to bother.

2. I assume that the computer looked alright since you had me work on this problem, currently, Would i be correct?

Yes. ;)

2a. If not, as i assume you are done lending me your help as there's nothing further you can do if the above is correct,
can i install a few manual updates i found independently?

If you have no further malware-related issues, yes. And yes, continuing to install updates would be okay.

2b. If i remember correctly.. , they are updates for: IDT HD Audio, Ethernet Driver, UEFI update, igfx and Bluetooth.

Your computer looks to be clean, updates should be fine.

Ok, some links here that will help with the cpu issue, opening and closing in Windows 8 so things won't be such a pain: This link, this one, and also this one All have cool tips for opening and closing programs and apps, as well as a few other cool things about 8. Personally I love the keyboard shortcuts :D

If you want to disable Bluetooth there are instructions here for that.

There's a lot of good running info there that sounds like it should make life easier with Windows 8
And if you'd rather a classic (I.e 7 type) start menu then check this out

Please let me know if the links helped with the settling of things. And please let me know how you get on. :)

Advertisements

thewookie

thewookie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Splendid.

I thank you very much!
:D

You've been ever so helpful and it's very well appreciated.

Also, the links were great some i new and definitely some new tips learned, the last link for the 7 type menu is dead? 404 not found for me. :P

I just got my gpu flashed back to stock and working again this morning as well, very happy about that, so all in all everything seems to be
functioning as it should. Again, thank you so much for all your help and valuable time. If i have any other issues,
i hope not (especially malware of any sort), I'll know where to come. :D :D :D

Cheers!

Bill.

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts
Hi :)

I thank you very much!

You've been ever so helpful and it's very well appreciated.

You are very welcome, glad to help :thumbsup:

the last link for the 7 type menu is dead?

Here's the link Sorry about that. :blush: Lots of good info there as well.

Surf safe :D

thewookie

thewookie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
No worries and this looks awesome! Downloading now. :D

I'll try to! lol