Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Help me] Picasa reduce image's quality when upload to Picasa Web

• Please log in to reply

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there, please help me. I use "Batch Upload" function to upload hundreds of album (thousands of pictures) from my PC to Picasa Web Album. 2 days ago, It worked normally. But today, the error occur: Picasa reduce the high quality of images (include .PNG and .JPG format) into bad quality, images are darker than the original. But when I upload directly to Web Album (not through Picasa), the error not appear. This is an example:

Original image:

Posted Image

Uploaded image:

Posted Image

I've tried changing these settings, but both didn't work

this:

Posted Image

and this:

Posted Image

Please help me. Thanks.
P/S: Sorry, I'm not good at English.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other site PCHelp Forum then please request from a Administrator or Global Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other site PCHelp Forum then please request from a Administrator or Global Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you

I'm sorry about that, but my current situation is in a hurry, I need to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I'm sorry to trouble you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem I will attempt to find a tech or member who knows Picasa for you.

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

No problem I will attempt to find a tech or member who knows Picasa for you.

Thank you so much. I promise I will not make above mistake again. Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Request submitted so hopefully you will have a Tech staff member soon to help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK a couple of responses mostly finding 2 more forums you had the same topic. Out of all the forums you posted everyone is saying the Google forum is your best bet to find someone who knows the software since a Google product.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Here are a couple of replies I got from RKinner

I use Picasa a lot. They have a limit to the number of pictures you can upload (without paying for the service). Once you hit the limit it still accepts files but shrinks them down quite a bit. Expect that is what he is seeing tho he claims he can upload single files and they don't get shrunk.

Ron K

Response from Mark

Yeah, I get that impression also after reading a bit about their service. I just can't find the specific rules about upload limits. This user seems to be a heavy user so it's kinda hard to believe they wouldn't know about restrictions, unless it's a recent change. This user is VERY eager to resolve the issue ; I always suspect professional use when this happens, though I can't confirm it.
I also read about being loggued into your Google+ while using the service, for optimal results. But since Google does offer better service for a price, that seems like the best avenue for this case. Just like SkyDrive limits, yuck...

RKinner replied:

Mine tells me you have to have Google Drive to use full resolution for up to 15 GB of pictures. Otherwise you are limited to a lower resolution of 2048 PX which they call tablet resolution. This is a change from earlier so it appears they are pushing you to Google Drive.

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you rshaffer61, RKinner and Mark. Now I understand about this problem. If I create another Google account, can I continue to upload images to Picasa Web ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes but again you will reach the limit without actually getting a paid account.

Advertisements

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks you so much. Please close this topic. My problem is resolved.

Edited by BraveVN, 29 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We don't close topics in this part of the forum but actually end it with

Congratulations BraveVN. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry to trouble you so much, but I'm excited too soon. 5 minutes ago I create a new Google account and this problem remain unchanged. So sad. I think Google remember my IP address. I try to use fake IPs to upload, but everything remain the same. I lose my hope. Sorry... I quit.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Looks like your only hope at this point is to spend a little money to get the space.

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there, after a long time, I find out a way, It's a silent selection of Google+ settings.
After me:
- Go to your Google+ accounts
- Choose "Settings"
- Scroll down to "Photos"
- Turn off "Auto Enhance" and uncheck "Auto Awesome"
- Google+ will save your settings automatically
And now you can upload image normally like before :)

Posted Image

PS: Thanks spongefox of techspot.com

Edited by BraveVN, 16 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.