Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS CHANGER PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

Dabruce

Dabruce

• Pip
  • 6 posts
PLEASE HELP.I think I have the DNS CHANGER VIRUS When I log on to the internet it runs great for a while then I get kicked off the internet.I can get on again for a little while then I get Kicked off again. This has been going on for months I can't get anything done. Please help me. Dabruce

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Dabruce, Posted Image As you suspect a virus/mailware and only our trained staff on the Mailware Forum are permitted to tackle your problem, please go to the link below and follow the instruction. Removal of infections if not carried out in a proper manner can do lots of damage or render the computer unbootable. If you are still having problems after they give you a clean bill of health, come back to this topic for more help.

> http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Dabruce

Dabruce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you so much for you time. I went to the site and did the 3steps I took photos of what I had found for you to see as you can see the numbers are off none of them Match. What should i do next? Thank you again for helping me. Dabruce. image.jpg image.jpg

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
You need to re-review those three steps and what he was advising you to do. Please thoroughly review the post that the link takes you to. Please click below where it says 'CLICK HERE' and follow it's instructions exactly.

CLICK HERE

Dabruce

Dabruce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I miss understood the instructions please forgive me. I did as you have instructed me and downloaded spyhunter. And restarted the computer but I do not know if this fixed the computer. I will spend the rest of the day on it and see if it will kick me off again? Do you have something else I need to do? Dabruce

Dabruce

Dabruce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I see the problem. I will only listen to you.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi
I see you are still having a problem getting started on the Mailware Forum. When you post on the Mailware Forum, a different staff member will help you. Do Not download or run any programs unless they tell you to.

Read these instruction, then click on the (click here,) below, a window will open.
On the right side, click on, (Start New Topic)
In the window that opens, left click in the (Topic Title box) and type (DNS Changer virus.)
In the main window, explain your problem. Tell them about any steps you have taken.
Then click on (Post New Topic)

CLICK HERE

Dabruce

Dabruce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I started a new topic there. I called it computer kicks me off internet. Thank you

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday. Good. Posted Image

If you are still having problems when you have been given a clean bill of health from the mailware forum, come back to this topic so we can give you addition help.