Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bloodhound infection [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mikebeg

mikebeg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
can not download anything on this computer

Edited by mikebeg, 29 September 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Advertisements

Teima

Teima

• PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
Hello mikebeg,

My name is Teima and I'll be happy to assist you with this issue. Before we commence I'd like to ask that you take into careful thought of the points which I've listed below as they will beneficial to the guidance as to which I'll present yourself with here on Geekstogo. :)

Notes before we commence:

• It's important that you reply within four days. If you haven't replied within that time, the thread will be closed.
  • As the process of malware removal is often challenging at times I'd like you to take into consideration that it may take multiple replies in order to resolve the issue/issues present.
  • If you are uncertain about any of the steps as to which I present yourself with. Please feel free to ask myself for further clarification.
  • It's important that you don't use tools which have been recommended for other users of the forum, failure to follow these guidelines will most likely result in an unbootable machine.
  • These steps only apply for the user "mikebeg". If you're reading this thread and you're requiring assistance, then read this thread and follow the listed steps carefully.
  • The absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that your system is clean. Please stick with me until I state that your system is clean.
  • If It's been a total of three days and you've yet to receive a response from myself. Please send myself a reminder by clicking here and attaching the appropriate thread link where I can respond.
Extra

Please be patient with me as I am currently in training, and all of my responses to you have to be reviewed by my instructor before I post them. Just keep in mind that you get the advantage as you have two people examining your issue. Thanks for your consideration. :thumbsup:

Teima

Teima

• PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
Hello mikebeg,

Step One

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

Teima

Teima

• PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
Hello Mikebeg. Are you still with me mate? If I receive no response within 24 hours I'll need to mark this topic as closed. :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.