Edited by WilliamP, 30 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.
Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:27 PM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:17 AM
Can you see Office 2010 in the Add/Remove Programs? Also have you gone through the manual removal? Beyond that, you said security updates and service pack - Those are for Microsoft Office or for your actual Windows? Either way, go uncheck all but one and go through them one by one, when you find one that errors out let me know what the error is and we can work on it from there.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:14 AM
STEP FIVE: Windows Repair Utilities
- Please download Windows Repair (AIO - Portable) and go to the 2nd from last tab labeled Start Repairs. Once on this tab, please select the button Start. The warning that pops up can be followed or not, however sometimes running those at this time can be non beneficial or further worsen the issues.
Inside of here, please check all of the following items:
- Register System Files
- Repair WMI
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair MDAC/MS Jet
- Repair Hosts File
- Remove Policies Set By Infections
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Repair Windows Updates
- Repair MSI (Windows Installer)
- Repair File Associations [list]
- Ignore drop down list, just select the parent.
- Restore Important Windows Services
- Set Windows Services To Default At Start
Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:57 AM
Edited by WilliamP, 01 October 2013 - 08:36 AM.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:40 AM
You or someone likely renamed BILL'S to lou. It doesn't change the folder located at "C:\Users" just because you rename it. That would throw off all the shortcuts and links. So that should explain that for you. If you do go to the above location (in red, bold text) on your PC - What is listed in there.
Did you go through my last step also?
Edited by PhrantiQ, 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:53 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:01 AM
Bill's is likely renamed to Lou and is what you are/have been using.
lou is likely the one you just made following my instructions.
Bill if it is empty is likely a deleted/removed user.
Hope that clears it up. Now have you followed any of my instructions yet? What were the results.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:01 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:02 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:16 AM
Edited by WilliamP, 01 October 2013 - 10:16 AM.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:20 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:38 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:49 AM
- What happened to the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (MSICUU2.EXE)
- How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites
Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:07 AM
Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:51 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users