Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing MAC address UNI internet

• Please log in to reply

Alidaman

Alidaman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay so basically i'm in a university room, and we have wired internet. my pc is connected, but i cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet because you can only have one device registered at a time. I called tech support and they said they can't officially tell me how to get more than one device connected to the network, but it IS possible. All he was allowed to say is that you have to change the MAC address. I know very little about networking, but i can follow instructions pretty well! I DID try setting up an adhoc network through my pc's wireless card, but the xbox won't connect (i'm guessing because of the one-device-only thing) btw i did enable internet sharing on my local area network adapter.
PLEASE HELP ASAP BECAUSE I NEED TO PLAY GTA V ONLINE

Edited by CompCav, 30 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.
profanity deleted

Advertisements

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
This is a family site so please refrain from profanity.

Also we cannot help you defeat university policy any more than the help desk. if you have any questions on our Terms of Use you can click on it on the right near the top of the page.

Regards,

CompCav