Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A virus may be eating my disk size

• Please log in to reply

Swipernoswiping

Swipernoswiping

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was surfing in the internet yesterday and I knew that I still have more than 10gb space in my D drive but then I received a warning that says that my disk size is low and I was like how come when I still have 10gb but when I checked it was only 13.5 mb remaining so I tried ccleaner wise disk cleaner and all those stuff but it only helped the C drive I also tried combofix but it didn't work and then I opened my D drive in Windows explorer and clicked ctrl+a and then i checked the properties and it says that i have consumed only 73gb so I should have 27gb free space because I have 100gb in D but again it says I only have 13.5mb remaining

HELP!!!
please

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!  
WARNING: DUPLICATE POST
Please avoid any further duplicate posting. This thread will be the one in which we will assist you on, the other should be ignored and likely deleted by a mod shortly. WARNING: ComboFix Warning
ComboFix is a special, highly powerful removal tool in which you should avoid using without proper guidance from an expert. ComboFix will sometimes leave a machine in a non working state, in which makes attempting repairs very difficult. From this point forward, we ask that you let us advise you on what to do to remedy this issue and to not run any tools we do not state. This will help us remain in control while diagnosing and then repairing this issue. Thanks.STEP ONE: TempFileCleaner
As a good rule of thumb, I like to get rid of temp/junk files off any and all systems I work on. Reason being that I've seen some build up of caches and junk files cause all sorts of chaos on multiple occasions, so why not just take a few minutes to clean the PC up.However before you download and run the program, please make sure you save all work and close out of all programs accept your browser (which also will need to be closed down after the download, before running the program).

Now that we've saved and closed out of all your applications/programs, please download Temp File Cleaner (TFC). Once that is done, close out of all your open applications/programs and then please 'Right Click' and select Run As Administrator from the Context Menu. Please let this run, uninterrupted. Once it's finished, it may ask you to reboot your machine - If it does, please allow it to reboot at this time and after Windows loads back up move on to the next step. If it does not require a reboot, please move on to the next step now. However please take note of the red number, displaying amount of removals, and post it in a reply. STEP TWO: Reporting To Malware Removals Section
Now that we've attempted to clean up some space, I need you to do the following... Due to the belief that malicious software (malware) may be at fault for your current issue(s), I need you to make a new thread in the appropriate section, to do so you need to first follow the procedures for creating an appropriate post/thread, which can be found HERE. Once you're ready to make the new thread/post, please post it in the appropriate section which can be found HERE. After you post, a malware removal expert will guide you through the process of removing any malicious software off your PC. Once they establish that your machine appears clean, if you are still having the issues come back to this thread and I or another techie will be more than happy to assist you further - However until you are deemed clean by an expert, we will not be able to assist you further.

Swipernoswiping

Swipernoswiping

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
148.00 mb

and nothing popped out after it rebooted

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Alright, please follow the second step and let them assist you on cleaning off any malicious software on the machine. After which, if the issue still persists I will be glad to further work with you on resolving your issue.

Swipernoswiping

Swipernoswiping

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok thanks