Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics overheating

• Please log in to reply

coolsteel

coolsteel

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi i have been having problems with my pc shutting down on its own. Online gaming causes my graphics to overheat the pc "104 degrees" it then obviously shuts down for safety.
What can i do? i am running Vista. Normal usage is fine just online gaming is causing the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by coolsteel, 30 September 2013 - 07:55 AM.

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Laptop or desktop? That makes a big difference. Either way, have you tried cleaning out the fans and vents at all on your system? Do you have canned air available?

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi and thanks for your prompt reply, its a desktop, don't have canned air but think i could get the casing off to get to the fan, will give this a go.
regards
Coolsteel

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
While you have the side panel off looking at how dirty it is and if the airways/fans are clogged, can you also go through this step for me please...

STEP ONE: Capacitor CheckPlease post back with your findings, including a number count and possible pictures (if you have that option available to you).

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Cleaned fan but not much improvement PC shut down again but only playing online games.
Final pic in following post, pics are not great but that's the best i could do to get them into focus.

Regards coolsteel

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2782.JPG
  • 100_2775.JPG
  • 100_2780.JPG

Edited by coolsteel, 03 October 2013 - 04:43 AM.

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
final pic
100_2781.JPG

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
From what I see and can tell, they appear to be ok. Can you leave the side panel of the machine off and see if it makes a difference in the temp worth noting? Beyond that, can you also verify the other fans have been cleaned as well.