Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome Not Displaying Images After Explorer.Exe Crash

• Please log in to reply

Promethea

Promethea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I have been running an older windows game (Worms World Party) on Windows 7. Because of compatibility issues, the game normally has issues displaying color, so the standard fix is to run the game through using a batch file (wwp.bat) which ultimately just shuts down explorer.exe temporarily, thereby fixing the issue. However, since my last run of the game, in which I had to force quit the game, images have been curiously not displaying on Google Chrome. Posted images, thumbnails, the background on my gmail page, all not running. I have no idea why this is-- I've deleted all my cache files, restarted the computer, and completely restarted chrome, but nothing is working. I have a feeling there's a simple solution to this, but I just don't know where to look, and it has been difficult to research this particular issue. Just to be clear, explorer.exe is up and running, per usual.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to help? Thank you so much!

EDIT: Another issue just occurred, that I'm imagining is related, where when I go to any site where it asks me to upload a photo (like an avatar picture), clicking to upload will crash Google Chrome. What's happening here?

Edited by Promethea, 30 September 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Advertisements

Promethea

Promethea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
SOLVED!

Uninstalled Google Chrome first, and then re-installed it. Images now displaying normally, and I'm able to upload images as well. Hope this helps someone.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Just an FYI to others, this can happen because of many things - One being a corruption or improper removal of temp files and caches. Something like Temp File Cleaner (TFC) or CCleaner may be able to resolve this type of an issue.

Either way, glad you got it resolved! Happy computing and hope you stick around, possibly help out some other users and learn from some of the amazing members here at Geeks To Go !