Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Awhile back I had issue with BSOD and windows XP and it was deemed it was related to windows XP and chrome and nivida. So at that time I got rid of chrome. I decided I wanted chrome back after awhile and problem is still there. I wonder if there is a fix that can be done or soms tweak to get it to work better or not. I have a xp doing full memory dumps and have the BSOD viewer and whocrash still installed and have some logs. Thanks ahead of time. Here is the old thread I had going http://www.geekstogo...-in-windows-xp/

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you attach the newest logs and I will take a look for the culprit again. :thumbsup:

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Logs and whocrash ones. Also I've set my BSOD to complete memory dump. The only hardware that changed since last time is the nvida card that finally died so I have my backup Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT which is very close to what I have before. Thanks again I just got tired of firefox and wanted chrome back. Hopefully something can be found or a workout around.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the last few errors are the same and did you uninstall the old drivers when the video card was changed and install along with updating the current drivers?
The logs all show errors from July and August only.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Not even possible the bluescreenviewer shows the dates of 10-1, 9-30, 9-30, 9-26, 9-25. I installed whatever driver it told me to since I didn't know if the previous video card driver you guys gave me for my previous video card would be the same to ues or not.

Attached Thumbnails

• UNTITLED.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All the 8E errors relate to a driver issue so I am figuring it is the video card.
Lets take a closer look and see if any other drivers are out of date.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
OK will do I still had it installed and kept up with most updates. Funny thing is I scanned a few days ago and no drivers needed now its 10 that are needed. Which order would you like them done?

Attached Thumbnails

• DRIVER.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Install the smbus first and then the one above it second.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Both installed ya I know have to wait but what is the order for the last few?

Attached Thumbnails

• DRIVER2.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can go in order now. Hopefulyl the first one will do the most good out of the three left. The smbus actually should have worked at this point. That is the main driver chipset for the system.t allows everything else on the motherboard to identify and work correctly.

Advertisements

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok will do and if before that any more BSOD will post the logs and such. So does having full memory dump give anymore info in the reports?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not to me it won't. The event viewer and blue screen view gives just the same info as far as I am concerned.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So probably going to change it back to minidump for now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem you can attach that as BlueScreenView reads them with no problem.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

No problem you can attach that as BlueScreenView reads them with no problem.

I think I did that in the logs